Complaints Handling Procedure
In this Complaints Handling Procedure the words “we”, “our” and “us” mean WJ Hastings & Co Limited, trading as Hastings & Co Solicitors.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. However, we also accept that mistakes, misunderstandings, delays and other errors can occur.
When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
We will not charge you for handling your complaint.
What will happen next?
- Upon receiving your complaint we will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint and enclosing a copy of this procedure, within three working days of us receiving your complaint.
- We will then investigate your complaint.
- You will then be invited to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be done within seven working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- Within three working days of the meeting, we will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions or remedies agreed with you.
- If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible to hold one, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including suggestions for resolving the matter, within ten working days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
- At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again. With your consent, arrangements will then be made for a member of the Solicitors Sole Practitioners Group or the local Law Society or another solicitor to review your complaint. You will be advised of how long this will likely take.
- You will be advised of the outcome of the review within five working days of the end of the review.
- If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ, about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of receiving our final written response about your complaint or within 12 months of the act or omission about which you are complaining occurring (or you becoming aware of it). Further information can be obtained from the Legal Ombudsman (tel: 0300 555 0333 or email@example.com).
- If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.